Friday, May 25, 2007

Its not main course...

A teaching moment on the ettiquette of food goes horribly wrong...
Last weekend I made a pumpkin soup - it was great, and of course we had lots left over! A couple of days later Alice made a beautiful Tuna Morney, and so consequently in the middle of the week we had more than enough left-overs for dinner. The following coversation occured between Master 4 (The X man), and me (Pappa)

Pappa: What would you like for dinner? We have pumpkin soup and tuna morney. Which one would you like?

X-man: Both. I want both.

Pappa: Ok (said I, seeing a teaching moment in action.) We'll have the soup first, and then the tuna moreny.

X-man: No, I want both together. Both at the same time.

Pappa: Well, when we have soup and something else we always have the soup first and then the main course. That's the way its done.

X-Man: But its not main course... its...

Click the post title to see what Master 4 said...
Tuna Morney!


Didn't I feel put in my place!

0 comments: