Monday, October 04, 2004

End of a Long Weekend...

Don't we all love Long Weekends? The corporate "stop and slow down" for a few days; maybe go away for a couple of nights out of town; spend times with family, or friends; a little bit of extra time to do what you want, or at least, more than what you need to...

Oh, well. No rest for the wicked...

Friday night I disassembled my wife's marimba. If you don't know what a marimba is, its like a very large xylophone - wooden keys, metal resonators, played with mallets. In the eight bags it goes into its fairly heavy. She was out at a rehearsal, so it took me about an hour to do it on my own. I think the fastest we've done it together is about 15 minutes.

Saturday she was at a rehearsal & gigs all day, so I had to take care of our son. He's just turned 2, and true to his age is into everything. Sometimes it so hard to keep track of him; I feel like I need not only eyes in the back of my head, but a complete circle around it. Man, he's fast! We went down into Freo on the bus, which he absolutley loved. Apart from a tiring day, it was kinda fun. Just hard work being constantly on the look-out.

Sunday I was playing at church in the morning, then my wife had a radio gig over lunch, and finally I was playing in the evening. The gig was cool. Only, it was nothing like what they said in the published programme (don't look for her name - it isn't there!). After the gig of course we had to break down the marimba again, and load everything up into people's cars. After playing at church in the evening I was pretty exhausted, but she wanted to go out. So I dragged myself out to a local cafe, and a bit of drive, and felt ok. It was nice to be out with just the two of us.

Monday - the long weekend day. Relax? Not really! We're looking for various bits of furniture and managed to find something in the Quokka - a bookcase for her music and books. Not a bad bargin, either. Then off to some friends for lunch. Running after our son is always on the agenda, and I feel I can never relax, except if he's asleep.

Might go and do some of that now, actually...

' Night all

pk

0 comments: