Monday, September 27, 2004

Granna

My Granna's died, aged 94.

Granna's Death Notice:

Carter, Alice Fanny (nee Bush). Peacefully on September 24, 2004, at Nelson Region Hospice. Loved wife of the late Clem. Dearly loved mother and motherinlaw of Hilary and Peter Kan (Perth), David and Olina (Auckland), Jan and the late Clem. Loved grandmother of Julie and Christine, Christopher and Philip, Jude and Ben and all her greatgrandchildren. Aged 94. A Cremation Funeral Service for Alice will be held at Christ Church Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, Nelson, on Friday afternoon, October 1, 2004 at 2.00pm. Marsden House Funeral Directors FDANZ

My mum flies out this afternoon to be with her family. My dad and brother go on Wednesday. I'm not going - maybe I'll regret it later. I haven't seen her since I was about 15 or so, and since then we've only had sporadic email and phone contact. She was actually quite good with a computer, considering she grew up in a world without telephones, airplanes, or televisions, or computers. I didn't think I'd be that sad, but it is, after all, family. Today is hard day.

pk

0 comments: